Sunday, January 28, 2007

Upgrading to Windows Vista - When?

Windows Vista is shipping soon. Personally, I'm waiting for my upgrade to arrive. What about you?

A lot of people are worried about bugs in Vista. I guess that doesn't really bother me. I don't think the bugs will be that big of a problem. Sure, they'll require automatic updates regularly, but XP already requires that too.

The bigger problem might be if some crucial program doesn't support Vista yet. I could see this might hurt some people, since some users have very specific and important software that they need every day. But for me, I don't really use many other programs, beside Office and Firefox. I guess there are several free or open source programs that I use frequently. Maybe I should check if those will work on Vista.

Other than these two concerns, I don't think I will wait to upgrade from XP to Vista. There is some neat functionality that I want to utilize, and I'm anxious to see how it performs (and looks) on my new Inspiron E1405.

What are your thoughts on this? Are you waiting to upgrade until later, or are you jumping on it now?

No comments: